|Free Standard delivery for orders over £30 (UK Mainland only) For more info click here|
|HOME | DEALS | Flying Sky Lanterns | Paper Candle Bags | Chinese Paper Lanterns | Pom Poms Lanterns | Water Floating Lanterns | Wax Tea Lights & Candles | LED Tea Lights & Strings | Party Accessories | Night Sky Lanterns® Fest ||
Empire Day is celebrated today and although no longer a national holiday and it has been replaced by Commonwealth Day, it is still a significant day in UK history. Traditionally it was celebrated by school children learning about the day and celebrating. Adults would often set off fireworks. However, these days even though it is no longer officially celebrated more people are turning to sky lanterns as a way to remember the day. Older adults still remember the days when Empire Day was a time honoured tradition. Why not use this as a great excuse to celebrate the empire, honour the Queen and have some fun while doing it by releasing some flying lanterns into the night sky?
What do you need to celebrate Empire Day?
If you are planning on throwing a party in celebration of Empire Day, consider getting the Party Season Package as found at http://www.nightskylanterns.co.uk/lantern-packs/party-season-packages/prod_37.html. This will give you everything you need to have a great time with all the people in attendance. It comes in four different sizes: small, medium, large and jumbo. Some of the items you may find in the packages include:
· White Candle Bags – use these items to line a walkway or decorate the outdoors for a party. They are the perfect accent to Chinese Chinese Hanging Lanterns as they provide a glow on the ground while the sky lanterns provide a glow in the sky.
· Glowstick Bunny Ears – Have some fun with these glowing bunny ears. These are especially fun for the children but the adults should not be left out either.
· Glow Glasses – Another whacky, fun accessory to add some interest and fun to your festivities.
· Magik Snow Tubes – Snow in a tub for you to pretend you are in a winter wonderland. It adds some fun and wonder to any special occasion.
· Disposable LED Tea Lights – Perfect for using to light all the sky lanterns quickly and easily once they are assembled and ready to go.
· Ice Fountain Packs – These sparklers are a great addition to any party and a much safer substitute for fireworks. You can even use them inside.
· Glowstick Bracelets – Even more glow in your accessories can be added with these fun bracelets. Children and adults will enjoy adding a glow to your outfit.
· Glow sticks – Use glow sticks as decorations or wear them. The combination of glow sticks, glow stick wearables, candle bags and sky lanterns make for a glowing party!
· Sky lanterns – Of course no party, especially Empire Day, would be complete without sky lanterns. These Chinese lanterns really replaced fireworks and are a tradition in itself.
Use sky lanterns instead of fireworks to celebrate Empire Day
When Empire Day was first celebrated and for years later, the traditional means of celebrating was to use fire crackers. Sky lanterns were also incorporated into the celebrations. Now, the use of sky lanterns is a much better option simply because they are safer and easier to use. So, if you want to celebrate Empire Day, have a great time with a party pack and sky lanterns!
This entry was posted on Monday, May 24th, 2010 at 7:32 AM and is filed under General News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
UK Cities delivery time 24/48 h
Bath - Birmingham - Bradford -Brighton and Hove - Bristol - Cambridge - Canterbury - Carlisle - Chester - Chichester - Coventry - Derby - Durham - Ely - Exeter Gloucester - Hereford - Kingston upon Hull - Lancaster - Leeds - Leicester - Lichfield - Lincoln - Liverpool - City of London - Manchester - Newcastle upon Tyne Norwich - Nottingham - Oxford - Peterborough - Plymouth - Portsmouth - Preston - Ripon - Salford - Salisbury - Sheffield - Southampton - St Albans - Stoke-on-Trent Sunderland - Truro - Wakefield - Wells - Westminster - Winchester - Wolverhampton - Worcester - York
UK Cities delivery time 48/72 h
Zone B AB1 AB16, AB21 AB25, AB30, AB39, DD, DG, EH, FK, G, KA (except KA27 & KA28), KY, ML, PA1 PA19, PH1PH3, TD
Zone C AB31 38, AB40 56, IV1 IV28, IV30 IV32, IV36, IV40, IV52 IV54, IV63, KW1 KW14, PA21PA38, PH4 PH41, PH49 PH50, BT (Northern Ireland)
Zone D HS, IV41 IV49, IV51, IV55 IV56, KA27 KA28, KW15 KW17, PA20, PA41 PA49, PA60 PA78, PH42 PH44, ZE, IM, GY, JE, Isle of Wight & Scilly Isles
Zone E Republic of Ireland
Copyright © 2008-17 - All Right Reserved -